- Google Assistant is a great feature, but some users reported issues with it.
- According to them, Google Assistant keeps popping up, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to stop that from occurring.
- If you’re interested more fixes, you should check out our other Fix Hub for more helpful articles.
- Looking for more information about Chrome? You can find it in this dedicated Google Chrome article.
Google Assistant can be incredibly handy, but many users reported that Google Assistant keeps popping up for them.
This can get tiresome rather fast and interfere with your work, but there’s a way to fix this problem, and we’re going to show you how to do it.
How to stop Google Assistant from popping up?
1. Turn off voice access
- Open Google Assistant Settings.
- Go to the Google Assistant Voice settings.
- Navigate to Voice Match.
- Now disable Access with Voice Match.
After doing that, Google Assistant won’t be activated by your voice anymore and the issue should be gone.
2. Disable Google Assistant home button
- Navigate to the Settings > Apps > Default apps > Assistant & voice input.
- Select the Assist app.
- Now select None from the menu.
After doing that, the Home button on your phone won’t ever start Google Assistant.
3. Remove microphone permissions
- Open the Google App info screen.
- Now go to Permissions.
- Locate the Microphone from the list and disable it.
Once this permission is revoked, Google Assistant won’t be able to access your microphone at all.
4. Clear the cache for Google apps
- Locate the Google app on your phone and open its info screen.
- Navigate to Storage and choose Clear cache.
- Optional: Restart your phone.
- Now check if the problem is still there.
- If the issue is still present, you might want to use the Clear data option instead.
5. Disable Google Assistant completely
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Select More and then choose Settings.
- Pick Google Assistant and go to the Assistant tab.
- Select Phone and toggle the Google Assistant off.
After doing that, Google Assistant will be completely disabled and it won’t appear randomly anymore.
Google Assistant is useful, but if it keeps popping up, you might be able to fix that by disabling the voice access or the Google Assistant home button.
If everything else fails, you can always completely disable Google Assistant as a workaround.